- Additional information
- Questions & Answers (7)
HoneyCity is proud to introduce
Manuka Health Manuka Honey 500g
Reputed MGO recognised Value-For-Money Manuka Honey
Welcome to Manuka Health New Zealand
Given by Nature, Proven by Science
MGO™ Manuka Honey
Scientific evidence has confirmed methylglyoxal as one of the key compounds naturally occurring in New Zealand manuka honey. Methylglyoxal is only found in significant quantities in some manuka honey and levels can vary greatly, so testing and certification of each batch are important to guarantee methylglyoxal content.
Manuka Health introduced its MGO™ Manuka Honey quality system in 2007 based on this scientific evidence, leading the world in providing our customers with a reliable certification of manuka honey.
Every batch of MGO™ Manuka Honey is tested and certified for guaranteed quality and methylglyoxal content as indicated on the label, ranging from 30mg/kg to 550mg/kg in our highest grade MGO™ 550+ Manuka Honey. Manuka Health MGO™ Manuka Honey is certified Manuka Honey from beehives in remote and pristine areas of New Zealand, with full traceability from beehive to shelf.
MGO™ 30+ Manuka Honey Blend
MGO™ 30+ Manuka Honey Blend has a beautiful, full-bodied taste from the deep rich flavour of genuine Manuka Honey combined with New Zealand bush honey. Manuka Health’s New Zealand MGO™ Manuka Honey comes from hives in pristine and remote areas of New Zealand and is fully traceable from beehive to the shelf. This product is certified to contain a minimum of 30mg/kg of methylglyoxal, a naturally occurring compound that is present in high quantities only in some Manuka Honey.
What makes MGO Manuka Honey so special
New Zealand Manuka Honey is renowned throughout the world as
one of nature’s most prized foods.
MGOTM Manuka Honey – A Science-Based Quality System
Manuka Health was the first company in the world to certify manuka honey
according to methylglyoxal content.
Our precise and reliable MGOTM Manuka Honey Grading System is based on the ground-breaking scientific research of German scientist Dr Thomas Henle, Technical University of Dresden. Doctor Henle discovered the presence of high levels of the natural compound methylglyoxal in manuka honey.
Advantages of MGO™ Manuka Honey Grading System
|Scientific||Our precise and reliable MGO™ Manuka Honey Quality System is based on the ground-breaking scientific research of German scientist Dr Thomas Henle, Technical University of Dresden.|
|Transparent||Every batch of MGO™ Manuka Honey is tested and certified, guaranteeing the minimum level of methylglyoxal as clearly indicated on the label.|
|Easy to Understand||MGO™ 400+ Manuka Honey means there is at least 400mg methylglyoxal per kg of Manuka honey in the product.|
Quality Assurance you can trust
Each batch of our Manuka Honey is tested rigorously to ensure quality & purity, then packed in our specialised honey facility in Te Awamutu, New Zealand.
Great care is taken to protect the natural properties of the honey, with temperatures in our processing plant never exceeding the natural temperature of the beehive.
Testing Parameters for MGO™ Manuka Honey
|Methylglyoxal||Manuka honey key compound||Naturally occurring compound that is found in high quantities only in some New Zealand Manuka Honey|
|DHA (Dihydroxyacetone)||Manuka honey key compound||Naturally occurring compound that is found in high quantities only in Manuka flower nectar and honey. A precursor for Methylglyoxal.|
|HMF (Hydroxymethylfurfural)||Quality parameter||Indicator of freshness|
|Diastase enzyme activity||Quality parameter||Indicator of freshness|
|Chemical residues||Quality parameter||Purity|
Eat it with your favourite toast or make refreshing honey water!
Benefits of honey
All Natural Energy Drink – This natural unprocessed sugar — fructose and glucose — directly enter the bloodstream and can deliver a quick boost of energy. The rise in blood sugar acts as a short-term energy source for your workout, especially in longer endurance exercises.
Cough Suppressant – Honey can be the all-natural cure when it comes to pesky colds. A persistent cough that won’t go away can easily be remedied with two teaspoons of honey, according to a 2012 study published in the journal Pediatrics. Children between the ages of 1 and 5 with nighttime cough due to colds coughed less frequently when they received two teaspoons of honey 30 minutes before bed.
Sleep aid – Honey can be a health aid for sleepless nights. Similar to sugar, honey can cause a rise in insulin and release serotonin — a neurotransmitter that improves mood and happiness. “The body converts serotonin into melatonin, a chemical compound that regulates the length and the quality of sleep,” Rene Ficek, registered dietitian and lead dietitian nutritionist at Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating in Chicago, Ill., told Medical Daily in an email.
Buy real honey from New Zealand and do not be cheated to buy cheap fake Chinese honey which is diluted with high-fructose corn syrup and sweeteners, and tainted with crazy chemicals, high in heavy metals and antibiotics.
Questions and answers of the customers
- A There are no supporting evidence that states unsafe consumption of Manuka Honey during pregnancy or lactating. Our suggestion is to check with your gynaecologist before taking it.UMF 10+ is generally suitable for most people for general maintenance. UMF 15+ and 20+ will be recommended if one has a specific problem to tackle such as stomach ulcer, acid reflux and maybe digestion problem.
- Q I received my honey already. Thanks. But I want to check why is the texture of the honey is not smooth as shown in the picture. It’s like grainy and I have never bought this kind before so I don’t know if it is because it has turned bad. Please advise.A Yes, the grainy texture is perfectly normal. As real authentic Manuka honey is a monoflora honey agricultural product, each batch of honey has slightly different tastes, textures and appearance.For example, Manuka honey harvest during summer season has a different texture and tastes compared to winter season. This applies to most honey, and not just Manuka honey.For example, Sidr honey commend a higher price during winter season as the taste and texture is more popular. Different brands of Manuka honey also have different textures.Kare has a bitter tastes and closer to ice-cream texture, while Taku and Vitabeez is more liquid and non-bitter. Another note is that most Manuka honey farm do not harvest and sent out the honey immediately to the distributors. Some of them do keep bottles of honey for months or even years to moderate the volume. As such, it is possible to get different types of batches within 1 shipment.
- A There are no supporting evidence that states unsafe consumption of Manuka Honey during pregnancy or lactating. Our suggestion is to check with your gynaecologist before taking it. UMF 10+ is generally suitable for most people for general maintenance. UMF 15+ and 20+ will be recommended if one has a specific problem to tackle such as stomach ulcer, acid reflux and maybe digestion problem.
- A These Manuka honey are pasteurized. Only those RAW honey are unpasteurized.
- A It is advisable NOT to store in refrigerator. Store it in a normal cabinet, away from direct sunlight.
- A For health benefit on its own, you can eat Manuka honey directly from a tablespoon twice or thrice a day, without mixing with water. After eating it, you can wash it down with water.
- A For the mixture with apple cider vinegar, yes there are many articles that do highlight this refreshing healthy drink for daily consumption.I personally use apple cider vinegar with other honey for the tasty drink, and eat Manuka honey on its own. The reason is because Manuka honey does not taste as great as other honey as Manuka Honey is meant to improve health while other normal honey has that sweet taste to go together with Apple cider vinegar for great taste.